Over 90 hands-on recipes explaining how to leverage custom scripts and integrated tools in Kali Linux to effectively master network scanning
About This Book
- Learn the fundamentals in the back of commonly used scanning techniques
- Deploy powerful scanning tools that are integrated into the Kali Linux testing platform
- A step by step guide, full of recipes to help you use integrated scanning tools in Kali Linux, and develop custom scripts for making new and unique tools of your own
Who This Book Is For
“Kali Linux Network Scanning Cookbook” is intended for information security professionals and casual security enthusiasts alike. It’s going to provide the foundational principles for the novice reader but will also introduce scripting techniques and in-depth analysis for the more advanced audience. Whether you are brand new to Kali Linux or a seasoned veteran, this book will aid in both understanding and in the long run mastering a number of the most powerful and useful scanning techniques in the industry. It is assumed that the reader has some basic security testing experience.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a network-testing environment that can be used to test scanning tools and techniques
- Understand the underlying principles of network scanning technologies by building custom scripts and tools
- Perform comprehensive scans to identify listening on TCP and UDP sockets
- Examine remote services to identify type of service, vendor, and version
- Evaluate denial of service threats and develop an understanding of how common denial of service attacks are performed
- Identify distinct vulnerabilities in both web applications and remote services and understand the techniques that are used to exploit them
Kali Linux Network Scanning Cookbook will introduce you to critical scanning concepts. You’re going to be shown techniques associated with quite a lot of network scanning tasks that include discovery scanning, port scanning, service enumeration, operating system identification, vulnerability mapping, and validation of identified findings. You’re going to discover ways to utilize the arsenal of tools available in Kali Linux to conquer any network environment. You’re going to also be shown how to identify remote services, how to assess security risks, and how quite a lot of attacks are performed. This immersive guide will also encourage the creation of personally scripted tools and the development of skills required to create them.