$41.99 (as of April 18, 2018, 11:57 am)
& FREE Shipping.
Usually ships in 24 hours
When you know what hackers know, you’re better able to offer protection to your online information. With this book you’ll be able to learn just what Kali Linux is capable of and get the chance to use a host of recipes.
- Recipes designed to educate you extensively on the penetration testing principles and Kali Linux tools
- Learning to use Kali Linux tools, such as Metasploit, Wire Shark, and many more through in-depth and structured instructions
- Teaching you in an easy-to-follow style, full of examples, illustrations, and tips that will suit experts and novices alike
In this age, where online information is at its most vulnerable, knowing how to execute the same attacks that hackers use to break into your system or network helps you plug the loopholes before it’s too late and can save you countless hours and money. Kali Linux is a Linux distribution designed for penetration testing and security auditing. It is the successor to BackTrack, the world’s most popular penetration testing distribution.
Discover plenty of popular tools of penetration testing, such as information gathering, vulnerability identification, exploitation, privilege escalation, and covering your tracks.
Packed with practical recipes, this useful guide begins by covering the installation of Kali Linux and setting up a virtual environment to perform your tests. You’ll then learn how to eavesdrop and intercept traffic on wireless networks, bypass intrusion detection systems, and attack web applications, as well as checking for open ports, performing data forensics, and much more. The book follows the logical approach of a penetration test from start to finish with many screenshots and illustrations that help to provide an explanation for each tool in detail. The Kali Linux Cookbook will serve as an excellent source of information for the security professional and novice alike!
What You’ll learn from this book
- Install and setup Kali Linux on multiple platforms
- Customize Kali Linux to your individual needs
- Locate vulnerabilities with Nessus and OpenVAS
- Exploit vulnerabilities you’ve found with Metasploit
- Learn multiple solutions to escalate privileges on a compromised machine
- Understand how to use Kali Linux in all phases of a penetration test
- Crack WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption
- Simulate an actual penetration test the usage of Kali Linux
A practical, cookbook style with a lot of chapters and recipes explaining the penetration testing. The cookbook-style recipes allow you to go directly to your topic of interest in case you are an expert the usage of this book as a reference, or to follow topics right through a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge in case you are a beginner.
Who this book is written for
This book is ideal for anyone who wants to stand up to speed with Kali Linux. It would also be an ideal book to use as a reference for seasoned penetration testers.
Kali Linux Intrusion and Exploitation Cookbook$44.99 (as of April 18, 2018, 11:57 am) & FREE Shipping. Details Add to cart
Kali Linux: Wireless Penetration Testing Beginner’s Guide$22.99 (as of April 18, 2018, 11:57 am) & FREE Shipping. Details Add to cart
Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing – Second Edition: Secure your network with Kali Linux – the ultimate white hat hackers’ toolkit
$49.99(as of April 18, 2018, 11:57 am) & FREE Shipping. Details Add to cart
Kali Linux 2 Assuring Security by Penetration Testing – Third Edition$44.99 (as of April 18, 2018, 11:57 am) & FREE Shipping. Details Add to cart